Meetings are usually held the first Thursday of every month from 1:00 to 3:00 at the Bracebridge United Church, 46 Dominion St. Bracebridge. Cost is $2 to attend.
Here are minutes from the meetings…. most recent first.
2018 01 04 For Photos – Click Here
2017 11 02 For photos – Click Here.
2017 10 05 For photos – Click Here.
2017 09 07 For photos – Click Here.
2017 08 17 For photos – Click Here.
2017 07 27 For photos – Click Here.
October 14th – November 11 A show called ‘4 Skins‘ at the Chapel Gallery featuring four local women artists.
November 10-12 York Heritage will have a show November 10,11,12 at the Botanical Gardens on Sheppard. 19 vendors!!
November 17-19 Muskoka Arts and Crafts Christmas Show
November 18 The Bracebridge United Church Christmas Marketplace will be November 18.
December 4th – A new quilt shop opening in Bracebridge at the same location as Muskoka Quilting.
Below you will find links to Modern Quilt books, patterns and websites/blogs. These are ones that have been discussed at the meetings or circulated by members of the Modern Guilt Group. The most recent additions will be first.
- Quilt Makers Gift
- No Scrap Left behind by Amanda Jean Nyberg
- East Meets West Quilts by Patricia Belyea
- Inspiration Kantha by Anna Hergert
- Lines By Design by Debbie Grifka
- Quilting With A Modern Slant by Rachel May
- Free Motion Meandering – A Beginner’s Guide To Machine Quilting by Angela Walters
- Modern Machine Quilting: Make a perfectly finished quilt on your home machine by Catherine Redford (Author)
- Stack, Slash & Sash: Quilting by Annie’s
- Sunday Morning Quilts: 16 Modern Scrap Projects by Amanda Jean Nyberg, Cheryl Arkison
- Quilting Modern: Techniques and Projects for Improvisational Quilts by Jacquie Gering, Katie Pedersen
- The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters by Sherri L. Wood
- WALK: Master Machine Quilting with Your Walking Foot by Jacquie Gehring
- Tula Pink’s City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks by Tula Pink
- Quilting with A Modern Slant by Rachel May
- Vintage Quilt Revival by by Katie Clark Blakesley, Lee Heinrich, Faith Jones
- Strip Your Stash: Dynamic Quilts Made from Strips by Gudrun Erla
- In the Studio with Angela Walters: Machine-Quilting Design Concepts
- Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts
November 2017 – Wonky Christmas Tree – Our December block of the month or monthly challenge will be to make anything with a wonky Christmas tree…pot holder, table runner, tree ornament, quilt! Here’s a tutorial … Modern Tree Block
Angela Walters You Tube – Midnight Quilt Show
Fons and Porter – search for Modern Quilt
Pinterest – search for Modern Quilt
Erin Wilson Quilts
Libs Elliot – Quilts designed by computer
Portland Modern Quilt Guild
Victoria Findlay Wolfe
Emerald Coast Modern Quilt Guild