2017 11 16 – Rollers and Stamps
The quilt artists met today, to use rollers and stamps to make some masterpieces.
We met at the Baysville Senior building.
Any guild member is welcome to join the group. We are meeting in Baysville this year, usually on the third Thursday of the month. Contact any Quilt Art Member for info.
Here’s the instructions of ‘What to Bring’ for this day:
- $2 for the use of the room envelope will be on the table.
- Show and tell of dyeing pieces from last month.
- Rollers, paints, plastic table cloths, slop cloth, paper towels, something to put the paint onto..like a cutting board or a gelli plate…brayer to spread the paint if you have one, whatever you think will work
- Fabric – can be a piece you want to distress further or new fabric. Should be washed to get sizing out. Bring as many pieces as you like
- Fabric to give away books to share
- Return Dyeing DVDs so others can borrow
- Older fabric paints to share
- Remember to use the laundry tub when washing off your rollers.
- We will not be meeting in December.
Click Here for photos and a video. The first entry in the album is a video of Hanne doing her thing. Please be patient – it may take a little bit of time for the video to load. Check it out!
2017 10 19 – Parfait and Tray Dyeing
‘It was such a fun day.
I felt like a magician/Scientist seeing what marvels appeared from the jar.’
The Quilt Artists met to continue experimenting with the dyes donated by Nan. The first challenge for parfait dyeing was finding glass jars into which a hand would fit. After the parfait dyeing, there was tray dyeing. Click here to see the magic.
2017 09 19 – Tray Dyeing Fabric
The Quilt Artists of Muskoka met in September to tray dye fabric. One of our members moved and gifted us with all her dyeing materials, dyes, DVDs and books.
Click here to see the riot of colours that were created.
2017 03 16 – ‘Glue Gun Stencils’
The quilt artists met today to work on glue gun stencils.
Click here to see the magic they created.
2017 01 19 – ‘Zentangles’
The Quilt Artists met and played with Zentangles. And they had show and tell.
For the photos from the day. Click Here.
2016 11 17 Meeting – ‘Cheesecloth Day’
Today the Quilt Art Group played with glue and cheesecloth to produce a 3D effect when sewn down on fabric. Click here to see the photos from the day.
2016 10 20 Meeting – ‘Roll On’
The topic of the October meeting was “roll on”. Many toilet paper, rolling pins and paper towels rolls were prepared at home. We got a few good results and some failures. Fun day! Lots of chocolate!!!
Here are the photos: 2016 10 20 Photos
2016 10 14 Rug Class with Al Cote
Four of the Quilt Art Group members took Al Cote’s Rug Making Class. Here are their completed rugs.
To view all the photos from the Rug Class click: 2016 10 14 Rug Class
2016 09 15 Meeting -‘Cards for the Quilt Show Boutique’
The Quilt Art group had their first fall meeting (Sept.2016) and were busy making fabric/print cards for the Boutique at the upcoming Quilt Show.
Here are the photos: 2016 09 15 Photos
To See all the albums that we have for the Quilt Artists of Muskoka
…. Click here.