The 2020 Quilt Show will ….
- Showcase the talent and work of our members of quilted items
- Share the art and enjoyment of quilting with the community
- Provide inspiration, education and ideas
- Not be formally judged by experts. This show is NOT about perfection: perfect bindings, perfect quilting, perfect piecing.
- Select show favorites based on ‘Viewers’ Choice’
What Quilts and Quilted Items are you going to enter?
Are you thinking about what you will be entering into the 2020 Quilt Show?
We need every member to think about what they have made, what they have shared at Sew and Share, what they have in progress, and what right now is just a glimmer of an idea.
All of these quilts are needed for our quilt show!
Criteria for entry:
- You have paid your membership fee for 2019-2020 year to the Pine Tree Quilters’ Guild of Muskoka. (PTQGOM)
- Minimally you have pieced the item. Others (who need to be credited) may have provided the pattern or design inspiration or the quilting.
- All items are clean, quilted and finished.
- The item has never been shown in a previous PTQGOM quilt show.
Of course, the quilt may have been shown at a PTQGOM monthly meeting during ‘Sew and Share’.
- We hope you will volunteer for a 2 hour shift on set-up day or during the show (2 hours volunteer time total, not 2 hours per quilt entered). And if you can volunteer lots more time at the show – it would be welcomed!
Getting your quilts ready for the show
- Large (bed size, lap and baby) quilts must have a 4- 6″ hanging sleeve. Instructions follow.
- If you already have a 4” sleeve on the quilt – great!
- If you need to make a sleeve – please make a 6” sleeve. If we need additional quilt stands than the ones already booked – the quilt stands require 6” sleeves.
- All wall hangings (including miniatures) must have their own hanging rods
- Label, Label, Label! (i.e. quilted item, rods, anything else you are providing for display). We want to make sure everything gets home to you
- When you submit your quilted item(s), any wrapping materials used for transport will go home with you.
- Your Quilted Items will be returned in a clear plastic bag.
- To see instructions for alternate ways to make sleeves Click Here.
The preferred method of entering your quilt(s) into the show is by using the online form. For those that do not have a computer, paper forms will be available at guild meetings. Completed forms should be returned at a guild meeting.
For more information on how to register your quilt(s) Click on 2020 Quilt Registration.
Spreading the Word
There are different ways of how you can help spread the word that we have a fabulous quilt show. Click Here