Developed by Lynda Griffin
- Make a cloth bag, minimum 14 inches square, for yourself, a friend, or to donate
- Based on what the theme ‘Muskoka Quilts! …from the heart’ means to you
- Can include Canada 150 if desired
- 1 side or 2 of the bag can be pieced, appliquéd, embroidered, embellished, ribbon embroidery
- Can use Muskoka tartan fabric (supplied)
- Must be completed and submitted by April 2017 Guild meeting
- Will be judged and prizes awarded at the May meeting
- Will be displayed in special area at the Quilt Show in June 2017
- Any questions, call Lynda Griffin 705-385-0945 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Muskoka Tartan …. Who Knew ?!?
Many members did not know that there is a Muskoka Tartan. None of us knew there were two Muskoka Tartans!
The original was made and copyrighted in Scotland and can only be worn by Muskoka Shriners and their wives. The newer version is made in Toronto and can be used by anyone.
Thanks to Marta McIntyre for investigating this for us and ensuring that the tartan that Lynda purchased at a charity auction and has offered to members to include in their challenge bag (if they wish), is the new version.
There is some tartan remaining – Lynda will have it at the Nov. meeting, or you can call/e-mail Lynda to reserve a piece.
The Original Muskoka Tartan. The New Muskoka Tartan.
Made for the Shriners in 1962. Can be Used by Anyone.