As You Enter the Show
Make sure you take a programme and check to see if you have won a door prize!
You will also have a Viewers Choice entry. As you go through the show, write- down your 3 favourite quilts.
On the Ground Level you will find Raffle Quilts, over 300 quilts on display, shopping with our vendors and our members boutique with 900 items. Presentations of Vintage and Antique quilt turning is at the back of the arena.
On the Second Level you will find our featured artist Kathy K. Wylie and our cafe.
Our 2020 Quilt Show will have 300 + quilts. The Viewers Choice Winners from our 2017 show will be on display; along with the quilts made for three President’s Challenges.
Our Quilt Artists and our Modern Quilt Group will have designated areas so that you can see the quilts of these talented members.
You will find large quilts, small quilts, hangings, clothing, accessories, machine pieced, hand pieced, machine and hand quilted items.
Kathy K. Wylie – Our Special Guest
Kathy K. Wylie is a multiple international-award winning quilter specializing in appliqué, quilt design, domestic machine quilting and English Paper Piecing techniques. She lectures and teaches all over the country at guilds, shops and quilt shows and is a CQA/ACC Certified Quilt Judge. Her work has been featured in magazines, and her designs are available as individual patterns as well as in her book “Sewflakes: Papercut Appliqué Quilts.”
Kathy will have have her quilts on display; will be available for questions; and will have her patterns, fabrics and notions for sale.
On both Friday and Saturday, Kathy will provide a formal tour of her quilts.
Her quilt tour times are scheduled for 10:45 to 11:30 and 1:30 to 2:15 .
Antique and Vintage Quilt Turning
The Quilt Show has borrowed antique and vintage quilts from guild members and from the community. Antique quilts are over 100 years old and vintage made between 1920 and 1965. These quilts are usually made by hand. They are in odd sizes that do not fit modern beds.
Each quilt is presented with it’s unique story. Then the quilt will be turned down and another is revealed.
It is our hope that these quilts may inspire you and perhaps evoke memories of quilts from your past.
On both Friday and Saturday, Vintage and Antique Quilt Turning is scheduled for:
12:00 to 12:45 and 2:45 to 3:15
This is an Outreach Committee initiative. We have three raffle quilts. Tickets are $4/each or 3/$10. All proceeds go to South Muskoka Memorial Hospital Foundation & Hospice Muskoka.
We are so fortunate to have our café hosted by the Ladies’ Auxiliary of the Bracebridge Royal Canadian Legion Branch 161. All proceeds will go to the Royal Canadian Legion.
For your enjoyment … there will be a selection of sandwiches, muffins, treats and refreshments.
Shopping at the Show
The guild members are creating and donating items to sell at the boutique. We are targeting to have 900 items for your shopping pleasure.
The items range from eco-friendly shopping and produce bags, dryer balls, décor to wall hangings to clothing to toys to electronic accessories to sewing/quilting accessories. You will find traditional, modern, art and whimsical items. The talent and quality is evident.
We have 11 confirmed vendors as of March 2019. More in the works!
Click on the links to go to the websites of our confirmed vendors.
- All About Sewing Machines – A one stop shop for Sewing Machines Sales, Service and Accessories. Authorized dealer for Bernina, Brother and The Grace Company.
- Appleseed Quilt Works – Fabric ranging from traditional to very modern and bright. “Creating memories one stitch at a time” is our slogan.
- Border Creek Station – specializing in patterns for quilters
- D and D Country Quilts – Sales of quilts – all sizes
- Hyggeligt Fabrics – “Canada’s largest selection of the Kaffe Fassett Collective”
- Muskoka Quilting – Quilting material and supplies. Also quilting classes and ladies night. Rent our quilting machine.
- Remember Me Quilts – Quilt shop Specializing in Grief Comfort Quilts, Pillows & Bears.
- Seams Appropriate – quilting retreat
- The Cottage Quilter – all about longarm quilting
- Thimbles & Things – a long-standing favorite supplier of quilting supplies and home of Century House Quilting
- X’s & Oh’s – needlework designer and supplier of products for embroidery, cross stitch, Hardanger, etc.
MORE TO COME!
The 2020 Quilt Show is on Friday June 5th and Saturday June 6th at the Bracebridge Memorial Arena. Click here for history and information about the arena.
169 James St,
There is parking right beside and across from the arena. Additionally there are other nearby public parking spots along with street parking.
Click here for a map of public parking in Bracebridge.
While in the Area
Bracebridge Two tabs will be of interest: ‘Explore’ and ‘Be Active’.
Downtown Bracebridge Shopping, Dining, services
Farmers Market Saturdays
Explorers Edge Information on adventures in Muskoka and the surrounding area.